This is my town.
This is where my ancestors went to school.
This is my old broken down town.
These are my fans, my stadium
my 300 pound wild hog, my cotton mouth snake.
I work my body on that field,
cool down under the stands.
My inspiration comes from the fans.
At my stadium I make the plays,
satisfy the fans, be a leader,
score the game winning touchdown.
The field is my whole town,
family legacy, my legacy helps keep it going.
I dream big in this stadium. I pulled my football
from the sidelines, and I fall to my knees
next to it to ask can I make it.
I sleep while a breeze dies at stadium walls,
waking to dawn with my dust.
This is my house.
I like your poem.. It seems like you put a lot of thought into it and it shows.
ReplyDelete